This Web site is provided by Jacobson & John LLP, a Pennsylvania limited liability partnership (LLP), and may be used for informational purposes only. None of the information found on this website is, or is intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your specific situation. The use of the Internet for communications with the firm will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent. By using the site or downloading materials from the site, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions set forth in this notice. If you do not agree to abide by these terms and conditions, do not use the site or download materials from the site.
How we collect information about you
- Personal information you give us. You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) on this web site. Here are some of the ways you may provide the information and the types of information you may submit. We also tell you how we may use the information.
- Contact us/Feedback/Informational requests: If you email us through the “Contact Us” link on this site, we ask you for information such as your name, phone number and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. You may choose to provide additional information as well.
- Non-personal information your web browser sends us. We collect certain aggregate and non-personal information when you visit this Web site. Aggregate and non-personal information does not relate to a single identifiable visitor, but rather, typically tells us the IP address of your Internet service provider, the name of your operating system (such as Macintosh or Windows) and the name and version of your browser (such as Internet Explorer or Netscape). The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change tyour settings.
- Information we collect by placing a “cookie” on your computer. Like many companies, we use browser cookies on this Web site. Browser cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit certain Web sites. We use browser cookies to tell us, for example, whether you’ve visited us before or if you’re a new visitor and to help us identify site features in which you may have the greatest interest. Browser cookies may enhance your online experience by saving your preferences while you are visiting a particular site. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new browser cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie, and how to disable existing browser cookies. Remember though, without browser cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all our Web site features.
- Web beacons. Certain pages on our site may contain “Web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These Web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. We may use log files to store the data that is collected through Web beacons to better understand and use visitor traffic information from our site.
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
Your personal information will generally be stored in Jacobson & John LLP databases or databases maintained by our service providers on our computers located in the United States, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use reasonable safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities. We use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to help keep the personal information you provide on this site secure. Although we use security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, misuse or alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
How we use the personal information we collect
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- contact you regarding inquiries you submit;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the content and layout of our Web site;
- Law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties when
- we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order or similar legal procedure
- we need to do so to comply with law
- we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement.
Jacobson & John LLP will not sell or rent any of your personal information to third parties in the normal course of doing business and only shares your personal information with third parties as described in this policy.
Information we share
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our Web site visitors to mailing list brokers without your express consent. We may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided through this Web site in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
Links to other sites
We provide links to other Web sites for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review if you visit any linked Web sites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites or any use of the sites.
This Web site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
Updates to our privacy statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our online information practices. We will post a prominent notice on this Web site to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Statement and indicate on the statement when it was most recently updated.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like to review, delete or update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by:
- E-mailing us
- Calling us at 215-340-7500 or toll free at 877-544-0344
- Faxing us at 215-340-7685
- Writing us at: Jacobson & John LLP, 88 Lantern Drive, Suite 202, Doylestown, Pennsylvania 18901