Representation in Seeking SAT or ACT Accommodations

If your child has an IEP or receives other special accommodations for high school or secondary school, he or she likely is entitled to receive similar accommodations when taking either of the most common college entrance examinations: the SAT and the ACT.

Sometimes, however, students and their families who seek these accommodations for college entrance tests encounter difficulties with local school authorities or testing company personnel. The special education attorneys of Jacobson & John LLP can help families seeking special accommodations on entrance exams.

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires testing companies that administer the SAT and ACT to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates.

If you believe that your student’s civil rights protected under the ADA have been violated by a testing company or an educational institution, call our office to discuss your case. Jacobson & John LLP, The Education Lawyers can help.